Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Reboot preview
Merriam Posted 11 Nov 2012

As part of an effort to bring changes to players before they go live, I will be trying to share upcoming changes. Because reboot timing can vary, these 'previews' will not always be up for a long time before a reboot, but I'm hoping it's a way for players to at least have some notice.

Disclaimer: If you see issues, discuss them respectfully. If you take the issue seriously, we'll likely take you seriously.

Issues planned for next reboot:

Cyborepair will properly acknowledge implanted cyborepair tools in the new cyborepair positions, without getting confused by non-cyborepair tools in the new cyborepair positions.

The remorter will warn you if you attempt to reboot with equipment or inventory present. To leave, players can say 'reconsider.' To remort anyway, players can say 'remort yes.'

Slight wording change for motor spasm.

Bard scream is not a knockdown, so the messaging ("victim falls to his/her/its knees…") has been updated to clarify that no knockdown occurs.

Multiple spelling fixes for bard abilities. You may need to update triggers based on score sheet, wear-off messages, and gain messages.

Typographical fixes in appraise ability, and other typographical fixes, such as attribute descriptions when rolling a character or viewing 'attributes.'

Additional numbers comma grouping. Perhaps this will catch everything, except for shop messaging.

Knights will receive a new skill, shield slam, at level 34. The ability requires a shield, performs damage based on shield weight, and performs a knockdown.

Deneb Posted 11 Nov 2012

Hey Merriam, how are you privy to this info? Or, are you impersonating an admin?

. . .

New knight skill! Finally!!

Merriam Posted 11 Nov 2012

I'm an imp as Synthesis. Do you play as another name, Den

Deneb Posted 11 Nov 2012

Well, yes. But, I do not play anymore.

I do like to check up on realms every so often to see how my other life is doing. Seems like there's always someone keeping it alive. Albeit, decrepit and hooked up to a respirator.

Azimuth Posted 12 Nov 2012

Pretty much everyone is privy to the info. The Tempus code is open source, so you can look at what's coming while it's happening.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved