Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

What kinds of Quests do you want???
Paranoia Posted 9 Jan 2007

K guys,

I've tried several different quest types, only one i've had luck with is trivia, *puke*
I appeal to you guys for some ideas, or at least a direction to go in. What have you enjoyed in the past? What would you like to do? Let's get a brainstorm going.

Paranoia

Crescendo Posted 9 Jan 2007

Balanced PK quests where even the newbs have a chance, though generally you need someone that can Oload for those :P

Frychu Posted 17 Jan 2007

Might be sorta weird/interesting… but… maybe have like, everyone in a zone. Then one person is randomly chosen as the killer who gets a super-ultimate-temporary weapon and can 1hit-kill everyone else.

Goal of the killer is to kill some % of everyone else. 90%? Goal of everyone else is to to the killer before he reaches the magical %. The action could be like, say >[killer] "you're the killer!" or something easier to type, like or something. The reason for the % is because if the number of players drops to 3 or less, the killer will probably be found out.

In order to keep things interesting, you can only perform the action once in the quest, so if you get it wrong, you either die or become a nonissue.

One tricky thing we have to regulate, though, is information. If you incorrectly guess the killer, it shouldn't be legal for everyone to say "hey, [person] isn't the killer".

furthermore, sending tells is generally private, i think.

i dunno… is this workable? just throwing it out there.

i got the main idea from starcraft =P hehehehe…

Storm Posted 17 Jan 2007

This sounds a lot like the Assassins and Investigators/X-TREME HANDICAP MATCH quest that I occasionally run.

One team is the "Assassin" team and the other team is the "Investigator" team. The investigators outnumber the assassins by at least two to one. The assassins know who is on their team, but the investigators do not. If an assassin kills an investigator, the investigator is "out". If an investigator kills another investigator, BOTH investigators are out. If an investigator kills an assassin, the assassin is out. Winning team is the last team standing. If you're out, you can't talk. If you're still alive, you can say whatever you want to whoever you want.

I've tried running it recently, but people haven't been all that into it. Does it sound like something you guys want to do? Let me know, and I'll run it.

Hsu Posted 19 Jan 2007

I think frychu's idea sounds pretty fun, but what if the "killer" just kills everybody really really fast? Some measure should be taken so that the killer cannot kill everyone really fast before they can do any guess work.

I was thinking about a single shot pistol or something so that after every shot they would have to reload, that way if anyone comes upon them and sees him reloading then they would have essentially caught the killer. This would probably prevent the killer from just killing the victim and any witness in the immediate area.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved