Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

The ideal TempusMUD webpage?
Wish Posted 27 Mar 2007

Hey all,

Updating and improving our website is one of the current goals. What do YOU want on the Tempus website? Make a list! Hell, make two. How could the Tempus website be more useful for you? What would you like to see there? How would you like to use it?

We want to know.

Thanks,

wish

Frychu Posted 28 Mar 2007

USEFUL: more pictures!

maybe some maps….

a picture of a minotaur cleric would be awesome for my imagination.

USELESS(?): um…. riddles? that might be fun…

oh, what about a giant slice of cheese? make it a huge one.

ooooo some silly midi music would be semi-awesome. well… maybe annoying, but still funny for me =P.

hrm…. plans for world domination wouldn't hurt either.

Kyosuke Posted 7 Oct 2007

I wish I had seen this thread sooner.

All of Frychu's ideas sound awesome.

What would you say to moving the auctions board up here? I'm not sure if anybody uses it anymore. I just ask Deneb or Flexsis if they've got anything for sale if I get eq-screwed.

And how about putting up more lore? Hitting 'areas' in the game is a pretty interesting read, but how about something more long-winded on the site to tie everything together? Tempus' world has always seemed a bit static and separated to me. I mean, I know everything's divided on different planes and stuff, but wasn't Tempus' original premise that time-traveling and planes-hopping being done by PCs was somehow causing problems for the world?

Kyosuke Posted 8 Oct 2007

Oh, and how about updating the Tempus quotes? I think I heard Nevermore mention at one point that there was another page or two in the works. There's some mind-bending stuff on the old pages, and I think a page for the modern Tempus would rock. Maybe you could add a java random quote generator or something, if enough quotes could be mined.

How about profiling some of the more prominent players on the MUD, have some people share a story or two, their favorite class to play, and why, and maybe give some advice, in a Q&A format. I think it could be a good way of enticing new people to give the game a try if they happen to stumble onto the site. I've heard a parable or two from you gen 10 uber-leets and they're usually very entertaining. I mean, the hijinks that must ensue when you walk around with fists that big. (And in all seriousness, I've found that a lot of the people who've been around for a while tend to be pretty eloquent and interesting, and have unique views on the game that would make a feature like this worth trying. i.e., Deneb, Eternal, Flexsis, Lysol, etc., I know there are people who've been around longer, but they're the ones I've kind of gotten to know/gotten help from) As things are now, the info on the site tells you how to start the game, and gives you a good overview of the class skills, but I'm not sure it conveys the passion and pleasure of actually playing the game, which is, I think, a feeling very similar to the adrenaline rush of knocking a man three times your size unconscious.

Holy crap. Sorry about the wall of text.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved