Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Mobs Stealing EQ
Red Posted 17 Jan 2014

So…found out today that the mobs in KKI not only steal gold, but they also steal EQ. And if you don't have True See, you won't be able to see it.

"A sales rep wears the shield of the moon on his back." "A little girl straps a large magical shield around her arm as a shield. "

Of course through all the spam, I didn't see it and probably sacrificed his corpse for mana. I only noticed it later when I saw the boys and girls downstairs wielding my weapon and wearing all of my other shit as I'm changing gear.

Stealing gold is fine, but stealing equipment shouldn't be. How do they even have the artificial intelligence to know what gear I have to steal? The last thing a newbie needs is a zone that contains mobs that steal their shit.

Merriam Posted 20 Jan 2014

Codewise they just steal from a random position.

Red Posted 21 Jan 2014

Players can't even steal from random positions if the target is conscious. It's not like they put me to sleep or stun me.

Diamond Posted 23 Jan 2014

This is a big hinderance for new players. I understand stealing gold. That is cool. Items are a bit harder to steal (and more valuable). Maybe reduce the success rate. They steal quicker than my alias can walk past them.

Brywing Posted 27 Jan 2014

Hmmm the stealing seems to be a bit over the top with shopkeepers stealing items from you.

Sybil Quatremaine exclaims, 'Welcome, welcome. Please, come in!' Sybil Quatremaine has just tried to steal from you!

Shaba Posted 28 Jan 2014

Well shop keepers stealing from you is nuts, and that should't happen. Mobs in general stealing gold is fine with me. Stealing eq I personally can deal with although I don't want to, but for a new person, that's not cool. The shitty eq they have, or the eq one of the people who regularly play gave them, they need. Were my eq, or Red's, to get stolen, we can replace it, but a new person cannot.

Merriam Posted 28 Jan 2014

Sybil is actually not a shopkeeper, but her primary class is Thief. I agree it seems to be a problem. I'll see if I can't find Azimuth to see what's up.

Azimuth Posted 28 Jan 2014

Merriam is full of lies. Codewise, they steal a random object from inventory and never steal from an EQ position. (though they should probably try if they come upon a sleeping person. Hmmm.)

Thieves should have a 50% chance of trying to steal something every four seconds. There's some evidence that mob activities may be accelerated somehow - I still have to look into it.

Synthesis Posted 24 Apr 2014

This was fixed in a reboot earlier this week. There were two problems: first, that shopkeepers (and other similar types that you're not allowed to attack) were allowed to try to steal from you. That's no longer allowed. The second was that steal attempts that were prohibited for one reason or another, such as in an NVZ, would emit the message, "So-and-so has tried to steal from you!" Instead, if you are the thief, you will get an informative message on why you can't steal, and if you were the potential victim, you won't see a thing since no stealing attempt occurred. This was the confusing part–that non-attempts showed as attempts.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved