Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Being Competitive
Istari Posted 13 Jan 2015

So i have been looking at other muds on different sites and i see alot of other muds that have lots of other races and classes. I think tempus needs to add some more classes and races to be competitive with all the other muds that are out there if we are going to build a new player base. At the moment we have 8 races and 12 classes other muds have double or triple the number.

Omnipotent Posted 13 Jan 2015

That is a good observation Istari. What other races (and what makes them different from current races in stats and race specific starting abilities) and classes would you like to see?

Merriam Posted 13 Jan 2015

The remort system provides many class combinations. I'd rather revamp existing classes to have more defined roles than invent new classes.

Istari Posted 13 Jan 2015

Well maybe a reptile race, a bug type like the tch!!, and race from the astral plane would also be cool. I just think there should be more choices with your race i don't think we need too big of an overhaul but to add 4 or 5 would give a nice boost. For instance if you look on the retromud website my god there is a race for everything you see in the world. Now i wouldn't want to copy off a mud but it could be a good reference :)

Wile Posted 14 Jan 2015

I'd prefer to revamp what we do have rather than implement new classes. A few more races would be nice, but personally I find it a bit overwhelming to pop on a mud and have friggin 50 classes and races to choose from without knowing the pros and cons of each and every one. Some classes definitely do need an overhaul though. If I take my gen 4 borg anywhere, she just gets spanked, pretty much all borgs are good for at the moment is secondary or raising to gen 8 for advanced cybosurgery.

Rauss Posted 14 Jan 2015

honestly, we've still got classes that aren't really fleshed out (lookin at you merc, borg, ranger)

in my opinion, we have more races than we actually need, but a little variety is nice.

we could use a few more classes, or at least finish the ones we already have, but again it's not really nessecary, as we have a good spread with very little overlap

Tower Posted 14 Jan 2015

I'd love to see a full review of all 50 classes from someone who has played on one of those muds extensively. There is no way you are going to have 50 classes that are equally balanced.

Omnipotent Posted 14 Jan 2015

If you could pick only one class to be worked on, which would you want to be worked on first?

What specific improvements would make the class more enjoyable to play?

Merriam Posted 14 Jan 2015

Barbarian, Thief, Mercenary = unattractive as both primary and remort class options Ranger, Cleric, Knight = doable but uncommon primary and remort class choices Physicist and Psionicist = uncommon primary class choice, common remort choice

Mage is so strong, comparatively, that even great classes like Cyborg, Monk, or Bard are not chosen as often.

Merriam Posted 14 Jan 2015

Fixing my spaces.

Barbarian, Thief, Mercenary = unattractive as both primary and remort class options

Ranger, Cleric, Knight = doable but uncommon primary and remort class choices

Physicist and Psionicist = uncommon primary class choice, common remort choice

Mage is so strong, comparatively, that even great classes like Cyborg, Monk, or Bard are not chosen as often.

Omnipotent Posted 15 Jan 2015

Which one would you like to see worked on first Merriam?

What would make Barbarian, Thief, and Mercenary more attractive?

CCCFire Posted 16 Jan 2015

Skullcrusher has a gen 10 primary class Barbarian… But I certainly agree that Tempus needs a bit more… fluff… The fundamentals of Tempus are amazing, but it could use more little nit-picky features or maybe racial abilities such as, let's say, Crush for half-orc (a question would be where to train, though.) Or just plain-out more abilities(i mean spells/skills by this).

Omnipotent Posted 16 Jan 2015

Race specific skills sound interesting CCCFire. What would Crush do?

Have you tried playing as other classes yet?

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved