Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Idea for a psi remort trigger
Lysolchip Posted 11 May 2005

There aren't very many psi remort spells, but here's an idea for one that I think would be a very interesting utility spell. How many times have you seen an unknown name on the wholist who seems to know everything and wonder to yourself, "Hmm, this person seems familiar, but I can't figure out who it really is"? Well, here's the solution to that problem!

Alter ego - A powerful psi could delve into the mind of another player and see their alter egos, aka their multis. This would be something like a gen 3 or 4 spell that gets more powerful the higher your gen. At gen 10, you'd be able to see all the characters on a person's account.

What do you guys think?

Willms Posted 11 May 2005

I love it

Brywing Posted 12 May 2005

sounds like a good idea, i was wondering if this would be something you'd have to use on them right there and would they be able to detect it? because alot of mudplayers might consider this offensive, so it might be better just if they were online and clairable it would work.

Rahvin Posted 14 May 2005

yeah if anyone ever did that to me i'd rock the shit out of them.

Red Posted 17 May 2005

yea seriously, i wouldnt' want anyone doing that shit to me either

Lysolchip Posted 18 May 2005

Yeah well, the spell would be meant to gain information. And like examining equipment and IDing another person, the victim of the spell would probably consider it an aggressive action against them. It should probably be saved against just like ID is.

Rahvin Posted 19 May 2005

yeah its one of those things that isnt directly aggressive but people wouldnt like ya doin it to em, i'd just get mad cuz i live privacy :D

Narcissus Posted 27 May 2005

I see no justification for that. It's use just takes things outside of the game. That is not character information, that is information on another real person in real life.

Brywing Posted 27 May 2005

how in the world does that involve people in real life…? maybe i missed something but, i dont believe theres anything that would reveal anything on anyone's account about them in real life… and its not as if it'd show all the nitty gritty details about the account anyway.

Rahvin Posted 28 May 2005

he's saying it involes the real world like, who else you play isnt something that would realistically be possible to find out by another person in-game without you telling them.

Narcissus Posted 28 May 2005

Yes Rahvin is right.

My different characters are only related to eachother if I choose for them to be. The stats or characteristics of Narcissus the mage have nothing to do and in are no way related my multi Dragoon the ranger. Except that I have no problem disclosing that they are both my characters. But when I say my, that is me, a real person, in real life. Dragoon isn't Narc's multi. Dragoon is my multi. A system that gives you that information steps outside of the game.

Brywing Posted 28 May 2005

i agree. while it would be nice to have this, it does break the rp (role playing) barrier.

can anyone think of another useful remort spell/skill for psionics?

i really do think that mirror image would fit as a psionic remort spell.

Nevermore Posted 29 May 2005

Narc and Rahvin are right. This idea will never come to fruition because it trespasses on boundaries. Characters are seperate entities. They are only gathered together on a single account for admin and quest purposes.

Brywing Posted 29 May 2005

btw before we resume talk about remort triggers i heard recently that the damage redux of nopain was reduced to 20% from 25 which i thought it was. is this true or was i just wrong about the effectiveness of nopain?

Nevermore Posted 29 May 2005

Someone lied to you.

Brywing Posted 8 Jun 2005

instead of new spells, the thing that would most beneficial to a psionic i think would be more hp/higher base hit die. psionics have many good abilities, but the lack of hp is what causes most people to quit psionic. i mean if at gen 8 you only have 575hp with maxed con, seems pretty low to me.

Red Posted 9 Jun 2005

Hey Red has about that much hp! :)

Brywing Posted 12 Jun 2005

LOL, see what i mean though. and we dont have mana shield. :-D

Kakarot Posted 13 Jun 2005

psi's dont need anything else they just made id insin a remort trigger and they are fine with everythng else…there are other classes that need more help then psi

Nevermore Posted 22 Jun 2005

As a general rule, people who use tremendous brain power are portrayed as physically frail. This is not an absolute, just an average. Look at stereotypical nerds… lots of mind power and wirey, lanky bodies with asthma problems and allergies to everything. Look at the portrayal of super-intelligent aliens: Enormous craniums and thin, frail bodies. Tempus psions are also modeled this way. Creatures who focus solely on the mind and its enormous powers are not going to be physically robust. Psions are powerful and well rounded. They have wicked skills and spells and, to balance it out, are physically weak.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved