Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

New Class Idea
Gneissic Posted 25 May 2006

This summer is probably my last on Tempus, so I'm going to throw this idea out there while I have it. I know it takes a lot of time and effort to code new things, and this class may overlap a lot with other classes, but here it is anyway.

Mutant- future fighting class. Their help file could include some information about how scientists have experimented on some humans, adding chemicals into their bloodstream to change their genes… blah blah… now some of these subjects have escaped into society, and they have grown too powerful and numerous in number to completely exterminate. (I'm not too good with this background information stuff.)

They work similarly to the Zerg in Starcraft- basically, their tissue evolves fast, and mutants have evolved the ability to control (somewhat) the kinds of abilities they get. Of course, some of these abilities may have drawback (+damroll in exchange for poison, for example). This class should be naturally immune to radiation (as they have experienced it before and evolved resistance to it… or it could be a skill).

Some skills of this class could be abilities that other classes get, but with extra benefits and/or extra setbacks (for example, adrenaline with -int). But the skills I like to see in this class is the ability to change one of their body forms to make their attacks more efficient. For example, this class could evolve hand spikes gen 1 and have their "punch" skill deal damage equivalent to strike and evolve leg spikes gen 2 and have their "kick" skill deal damage equivalent to a slightly stronger skill, etc.

I'll throw some more ideas when I think of them. This idea has been sitting in my head for a while ever since I thought of the lack of future classes compared to past ones. I refrained from posting because I was concerned that it might overlap with existing classes (thus making extra coding for the admin for little reason).

Tereus Posted 25 May 2006

That almost sounds like a new race to me.

Mutant = mutated human

Mortal maxes

STR: 19

INT: 18

WIS: 18

DEX: 18

CON: 18

CHA: 14

Nautral resistance to radition and nautral save phyz.

Cast Posted 26 May 2006

ouch! most races have like 108 when u add all the stats together… (average of 18) how about: str 20 dex 20 int 17 wis 18 con 16 cha 17

str and dex should be high cuz mutant sounds like a powerful race. they should also suffer when heal is casted on them because they are like mutants.

Gneissic Posted 26 May 2006

Humans aren't the only race who can have their genes changed and moved around.

My description of the origin of this class implied that these mutants have no choice. Well, the player version can be that one person who wanted to make themself more powerful by undergoing radiation/chemical treatment, after which they gain powers (some which may be unpredictable). Similarly, that person could choose to be a cyborg if they wanted to, and would have machines implanted in them.

Maybe the stats of this class could be more random than most other classes, and the player can decide a build based on his stats. Like, evolving things can depend on intelligence and wisdom, and if you have high int and wis, you'll be less likely to get bad effects from trying to change your genes. On the other hand, you can have high dex and str and be a monster in the fighting category.

shrug

Just more ideas.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved