Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Psychic feedback
Deneb Posted 22 Nov 2006

I remember talking to Bry about this awhile back, not sure he mentioned it on the boards. So here I am.

Psychic feedback, as stated by Brywing, "it's takes the damage you took and returns it." I think it fits the psio theme but there if this were true, it makes for a very horrible combination. Rockin' triggers like nopain make psychic feedback crappy, and so class synergy has dissipated. As to fix this, we thought that feedback should return the reduced damage instead of the received damage, this way their triggers don't conflict with each other.

Anyone want to put in some feedback? Ha ha, get it?

Eternal Posted 26 Nov 2006

I think thats a great idea. Very good thinking. Only prob is, how does this effect lower level psionics with out any damage reduction. This means the trigger won't do anything to the person?

Deneb Posted 27 Nov 2006

Nopain is always accessible before psychic feedback, level wise. And, it does effect the lower gens, only not as much as before. Which was the problem, the way it is now works more in favor of lower gens than it does higher gens, kinda like the old dispel magic on items. The basis of our idea was so that it gets better as you gen up, not worse.

Eternal Posted 3 Dec 2006

Very True, I love the idea.

Deneb Posted 9 Jul 2007

I'm bumping this post back up to the top. If the trigger does work the way I think it does, it seriously needs a fixin'.

Eternal Posted 23 Jul 2007

Or at least if damage reduction does reduce the ammount of damage the feedback will do, make it worth while not to have dam reduction then or something…

For example, you know a player is going to backstab you so you get rid of all your damage reduction. Soon as you get backstabbed the attacker dies too lol.

Synapse Posted 8 Aug 2007

Maybe it improves with later gens, but as of now, I have found this trigger to be very innefective. With the small hp pool that psi's have, partial return of damage given won't ever be that much. Because if it is, chances are I'll be fleeing or dead. I have two suggestions for reworking this trigger…

1) Feedback could be based off of damage given rather than received. So instead of returning damage to the attacker, it could return hps to the psionicist based off of damage. This could be limited to triggers and psiblast if necessary.

2) Have feedback hit less often than it does atm but return the full damage of the attack, skill, or spell to the attacker with the psion losing nothing. Maybe a save vs psi for half damage could be added in for the attacker.

Synapse

Trust Posted 22 Nov 2007

It would be interesting if this trigger was made into one that gave 5% damage reduction and returned an equal amount to that reduced to the player attacking.

This might be a repeat but what do you think?

Deneb Posted 28 Nov 2007

"2) Have feedback hit less often than it does atm but return the full damage of the attack, skill, or spell to the attacker with the psion losing nothing. Maybe a save vs psi for half damage could be added in for the attacker."

I think this would be cool. It'd make me think twice about attacking a psion.

Ecstacy Posted 16 Jan 2008

^ indeed

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved