Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Super Seiyan Knight?
Frychu Posted 16 Apr 2007

Soooo….

I heard that good knights were gonna be able to kick more butt in the near future…

Just wanted to know if the ideas got scrapped or what.

kick more butt = maybe something similar to soulless (give up constitution, lp, hp) but more like "Immaculate Purge" or something silly like that.

And getting cooler mounts? Like dragons or gryphons or …. I dunno.

I just want to be like the cool kids =.

Frychu Posted 3 May 2007

New idea: a spell similar to Final Fantasy's "Holy" which does AWESOME damage, especially to undead. Could also give this to clerics. Should be mid-gen maybe; i dunno. Yar har!

Frychu Posted 3 May 2007

… wait… clerics might already have something like that. hehe oops.

um… what about… something completely weird

like…

Chivalry!

Knight passionately bellows, "For king and country!" His eyes burn like fire! Sorta like going beserk but more awesome.

Actual stat enhancements could be +maxhit, +maxmana, -ac, +damroll, +hitroll. or something.

Knights don't have enough remort skills… this one could be good. I think.

Frychu Posted 10 May 2007

… ok how about an awesome two-handed sword? named Excalibur… that castwields the spell "holy" or something like that? and +something to behead?

wielded by king arthur of course… hehehe…

… and if there's king arthur… why not make a zone for him? =O

shrug…

Frychu Posted 10 May 2007

!! what about sword mastery? i.e. the ability to block an attack with your weapon?

knights do that all the time…

Frychu Posted 7 Jul 2007

Aite so i was playing final fantasy IV on my DS and then really liked Cecil's "cover" skill. Basically, he tanks.

Now, I know there's already "defend", but I'm not convinced it works 100% of the time. Also, you can only defend one person at a time.

Option 1: So! I'm thinking we get a new knight skill called "cover", in which you can defend–or "cover"–multiple people at a time. If this skill is overpowered, maybe add like 25-75% damage to the knight when the knight first "covers" the teammate.

Although this doesn't really make the knight more powerful, I'd like to be able to defend my buddies better.

Option 2: Cecil also automatically defends a weakened ally as long as Cecil himself is healthy. Maybe this could be implemented: when a groupmember currently in battle has <15% hp, the knight automatically switches over and becomes the tank. Call it "Last Defense" or something, and it's a passive skill. I dunno how hard this would be to code, but it'd be really cool. Knights save lives!

maybe we can do both options… shrug.

Eternal Posted 23 Jul 2007

I think you are getting somewhere with some of your ideas. If anything is going to get added it has to be something no one else can do. Some of us think bards should be able to put people to sleep with a lullby song, but to many other classes can already sleep mobs/players. The idea of a good knight being able to protect group members better then other classes does make sense.

greater shield mastery - this skill is passive and automaticlly upgrade shield mastery. A good knight will randomly block attacks with his shield for group members.

Example:

Frychu deflects the many-eyed sea creature's attack with his shield, Brywing is very thankful.

Frychu aids Brywing and deflects the many-eyed sea creature's attack with his shield!

Now that would be sick.

Frychu Posted 23 Jul 2007

w00t! support! yayay! hehehe…

anyway, more random ideas…

just like evil knights get soulless, holy knights can get "sainthood"

but what's sainthood? maybe, when you wish your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much, a guardian angel from heaven rushes to your defense.

is this way too hax0rz? i mean, if someone does a power-move before you get to that point, you're most likely dead anyway.

maybe the guardian angel can just cast greater heal on you or something, then disappear. maybe you need a certain amount of movepoints/mana.

maybe it's a toggle that takes lifepoints.

yay for randomness….

Kakarot Posted 21 Aug 2007

Ive heard for the past like 2 years that good knights were gonna be so much better in the near future. if it happens that would be pretty kick ass cause then i would have a reason to re-eq and uncryo my only gen 10 :p.

ive always said that i wanted a good aligned version of soulless, but only for the same reason that an evil knight has it. good heaven eq that is hunted by heavens army if you wear it. its been a while and i really dont know to much about evil soulless cause i never really thought about switching sides.

but in all fairness the the evil side i think that if they are goin to put in a good version of soulless then there should be an evil version of sanctification…only fair imop.

i read they posts on greater shield mastery and while it sounds good there isnt any reason for it to go in unless more and more ppl start to group like it was a few years ago when i started playing.

i still say that knights should be able to do more things when holding a shield. shield bash is a reasonable request in this area. i would even say get rid of lunge punch to get this skill. how many times in movies do you see knights who have shields or anyone with a shield using it as part of their attack. of all the attacks that knights have the only real useful ones are behead and lunge punch which you have to remove your shield to use. hell i think for the first almost year i played i dont think i even learned shield mastery cause i didnt have a shield and i didnt know what the skill was.

anyway if they do alot of the things ive heard for a long time to good knights it will resurrect my favorite class and bring it out of the dumps

Frychu Posted 7 Jan 2008

So, knights have "divine intervention/sphere of desecration" that shields him/her from hurtful spells of opposite alignment. What if good knights also got a spell that shielded group members from evil spells, i.e. make divine intervention castable on others.

Or, even more hax0r, create a spell that protects from any spells that groupmembers cast? That is, protect groupmembers/other players from an area attack? Yeah… pretty hax0r to use meteor on a bunch of mobs while keeping your groupies safe. But it'd encourage grouping, methinks.

i love thinking.

Tower Posted 7 Jan 2008

That sounds pretty similar to something like an Aura that the knights or whatever they're called in Diablo 2 have. You can switch between different auras that apply to the knight and everyone around them that they are grouped with. Its pretty sweet and a concept that would be awsome on Tempus.

Ecstacy Posted 16 Jan 2008

Some type of aura to benefit a good knight is a good idea. Benefiting a group is even better.

Bushido Posted 19 Jan 2008

Just wanted to rehash eternal's post about advanced shield mastery which would deflect attacks towards other players in your group. I think this would be a nice addition toward knight's. It would improve thier group tanking abilities cause they could keep their fellow groupies safe as well.

Bushido Posted 19 Jan 2008

This idea is crazy and im gonna take alot of flack for it but what about making sanctuary a knight remort spell. Around gen 7 or 8 maybe. Keep the blows light! ducks

Ecstacy Posted 21 Jan 2008

"This idea is crazy and im gonna take alot of flack for it but"

^ No butts!

Frychu Posted 21 Jan 2008

since good knights are supposed to kick evil's butt, what about a remort spell called "Zealotous ferver" that makes them attack faster when they're in evil places?

or how about "protection from devils" and "protection from demons" as a remort spell?

Tower Posted 22 Jan 2008

On the same note, evil knights are supposed to be corrupting good people. How about a remort skill for evil knights called Corruption. You use it against a good knight and it instantly turns their alignment to -1000. It would be great since all their blessed eq would burn them and fall off and all their blessed implants would explode out of their body.

Go Evil!

Frychu Posted 23 Jan 2008

…. i hate you =P

Ecstacy Posted 3 Feb 2008

For the first time in a long time everyone agrees on something! Greater Shield Mastery seems like an awesome passive skill for good knights. It may be another passive skill, non the less its a great idea and everyone loves it. I see no reason why a good knight could should not be able to shield groupies from attacks. Even go as far to say to block physical attacks such as palm strikes, beheads, and other skills like cleave. The result would be a very low % on it blocking the attack and a high % of damage to the shield.

Tower Posted 4 Feb 2008

Would there be a way to disable it? Something like that might not be wanted if you were in a very large group and/or had a shield that you didn't want to break or was close to breaking already.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved