Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Are Good Knights (Paladins) Getting Reworked?
Izrel Posted 17 Feb 2008

Honestly, I'll still play it anyways, but after reading through the countless threads, I'm wondering what the verdict is on this as of 2008.

Frychu Posted 19 Feb 2008

it doesn't look like it… i've tried to come up with [ridiculous] ideas and none of them seem to have any support from the imms… so… =P

but it's a good beginner class. lots of hp, decent attack… if you need anything eq-wise/classwise, lemme know (mudmail frychu). but for the record, most knights go evil and lose their souls and become lame. i mean, awesome. with their legion of devils and their ability to taint and all that good/badness.

… no, i'm not bitter. bahhh

Tower Posted 19 Feb 2008

Why do people choose good knights anyway? They are totally the weaker alignment in this class. Is it just a moral issue? I mean you do realize that you are murdering people all over the place (poor halfling children) and don't care about that. Or is it that Blessed and !Evil equipment is really that great? Because I've seen plenty from hell that is pretty damned good (pun intended). I guess I've never seen the allure that some of you find, though I will agree that the blue color of KNI next to your name on the WHO list makes me envious.

Izrel Posted 19 Feb 2008

Well, I used to have a gen 10 knig/mage that I loved years ago. I guess I am attached. Good knight is fun PvE, which I dig. Their PvP status does suck, but you can be pretty resilient in battle if you can get your heals off.

I read a bunch of the paladin/soulless discussions and what not. IMHO, I think paladins just need more class-specific gear. It's not too fun when you have to make your build either hodgepodge AC heavy while relying on your second class, or base it on a one-handed ranger's build for damage, hehe. But meh, my opinion is outdated.

Although I am envious of summon legion, we do have heal =p It's not so bad to have in a pinch.

Frychu– I would love it if I could get my hands on a holy symbol that doesn't make me want to shoot myself (i.e. scepter of Alron.) It would be cool to play with you sometime so I can learn what's new.

-Izrel

Deneb Posted 20 Feb 2008

When I used to only play good knight, I too thought they were excellent against mobs. That quickly changed, however. Other classes just have more to offer. And, in my opinion, knights as they are now are better than some classes in arena-pk*. Their all-rounded defense and attack make them so. But, I 100% agree that knights need to be reworked.

As to whether or not good knights are getting reworked, I doubt it. Although I bet the Imms are aware of the imbalances that currently exist. So, knights getting reworked? Probably not. Getting reworked later? Who knows?

Eternal Posted 21 Feb 2008

There is alot of "unbalance". Everyone should just be bards?

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved