Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Charged Electric Arc / Atmospheric Charge
Ionix Posted 1 Jul 2008

Atmospheric electricity is the regular diurnal variations of the Earth's atmospheric electromagnetic network (or, more broadly, any planet's electrical system in its layer of gases). The Earth’s surface, the ionosphere, and the atmosphere is known as the global atmospheric electrical circuit. Atmospheric electricity is a multidisciplinary topic.

There is always free electricity in the air and in the clouds, which acts by induction upon the earth and the electromagnetic devices.[1] The atmospheric medium, by which we are surrounded, contains not only combined electricity, like every other form of matter, but also a considerable quantity in a free and uncombined state; sometimes of one kind, sometimes of the other; but as a general rule it is always of an opposite kind to that of the earth. Different layers, or strata of the atmosphere, placed only at small distances from each other, are frequently found to be in different electric states.[2] The phenomena of atmospheric electricity are of three kinds. There is the electrical phenomena of thunderstorms and there are the phenomena of continual electrification in the air,[3] and the phenomena of the polar Aurora constitute a third branch of the subject.[4]

With that said, how sweet would it be if a physic could learn how to charge the atmosphere with a greater postive charge and use it to his advantage. This is how it would work.

Atmospheric Charge

Class: Physic

Generation: 4

Level: 30

Scientists have discovered how to focus the energy in the surrounding atmosphere into a arc of pure electricity, doing much damage to any potential wedgie-makers. When a physic changes the atmospheric charge to a greater posative charge, electric arcs cause much more damage then the normal charge of the arc. Over time the electrostatic charge in the atmosphere will go back to normal earthly levels.

Usage: alter 'atmospheric charge'

You close your eyes and make a calculation. Positive energy increases within the atmosphere!

After so long the effect will no longer increase damage of lighting attacks.

See also: PROTECTION FROM LIGHTNING, CLASS

Riffe Posted 3 Jul 2008

Soo.. you want to overpower a spell that has a cast rate faster than a hyper kid after a slurpee? I dunno, mang.

R

Crescendo Posted 5 Jul 2008

keep in mind electric arc already does a tremendous amount of damage, it just costs a LOT of mana, in fact i daresay arc does more damage per second than scream >.<

Deneb Posted 5 Jul 2008

I would've responded to this earlier but that introduction kinda made me fall asleep. Anyway, I do think physics need to be beefier but not in a one-hit kill type of way.

Riffe Posted 8 Jul 2008

Crescendo: lol dude… do you really calculate DPS on Tempus? :-p

Deneb: CHRONO TRIGGER DS port! =)

R

Crescendo Posted 9 Jul 2008

shut up :P yes, i do

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved