Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Experience for the slave driver in you.
Deneb Posted 7 Nov 2008

I think mobs that are grouped with players shouldn't take away any exp from the player as if they were a player themselves. So if you're grouped with an air elemental, audience memeber, horned devil, phantasmic sword, or a massive black bear (any mob-specific summoned mob) and either you or the mob gets the kill you should still receive 100% of the exp instead of 66% + 10% bonus exp or whatever. This doesn't include charming a mob through 'charm person' or 'charm animal'.

It's kinda hard to appreciate a mob's full strength if you're only looking at how well it can tank for you. Basically, this would add to mages, bards, evil knights, and rangers. However, it adds much more to rangers and evil knights.

By the way, phantasmic sword is weaker than conjure element. Mainly in the damage dealing department.

Eternal Posted 10 Nov 2008

In a more advanced game it would make sense for the mobs to gain exp as your pets gain levels. In tempus, you only use the mobs for one zone. You can't take them with you everywhere you go so this makes perfect sense to me.

Trust Posted 10 Nov 2008

I agree, mobs grouped with you shouldn't take away from your exp gained.

Look at elementals for example as a spell instead of separate creature. If the skill is a class feature why have a spell (conjure elemental) essentially cause less exp gain for a caster? Especially based on Eternal's point about such mobs being so temporary.

Eternal Posted 19 Dec 2008

Anyone else? It makes sense to me, your own mobs taking commands should not take exp from you. Or, maybe just have them only take a very small %.

Deneb Posted 4 Feb 2009

Think of this as a petition. Sign your name if you agree.

Deneb__________

Caden Posted 14 Feb 2009

Explain energy drain? It doesn't drain energy like you'd think,

I posted something like this a long time ago, energy drain takes xp from a mob, burns most of it, gives you some, then you kill it and you get less? A moot side point?

Why are you grouped with your followers if you don't want them getting your XP?

Or rather, are you just mad your followers are killing stuff and getting everything because you didn't group them, They have feelings too, - probably write letters home to their whatevers and say stuff like, 'Dear other, today I killed a guy whose name I can't pronounce, I'm a murderer, yay me.. send more cookies with those special crack sprinkles! – xoxo - You're bastard son in Christ - Me' …and as unpopular as it may be to say it, reality vs playability isn't an issue, they got the kill, they get the xp, if they're grouped, they get the xp shared with you and the like, such a happy world!

– Try timing your move/strike as to avoid a "slave" victory -

…wasn't it Abes 200th birthday recently?

Deneb Posted 12 Mar 2009

Wow, straight to the point…

Cast Posted 4 Jul 2010

Why don't we make it so that we can get the xp that they got by killing them?

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved