Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Amnesia Question
Brywing Posted 1 Dec 2008

I was wondering about the remort spell amnesia.

"With an immense amount of expertise, a Psionic is able to temporarily wipe the memory of a creature, causing learned skills to be nearly forgotten."

Does this only affects skills or is it skills and spells? I seem to remember it's spells only, which doesn't make sense with the helpfile. Can anyone shed some light?

Eternal Posted 19 Dec 2008

We can test it out Bry, let me know.

Tiax Posted 20 Dec 2008

It affects both skills and spells.

Brywing Posted 21 Dec 2008

Actually from tests it looks like there is no effect on skills.

—Spells— group confidence (superb) ( 45 mana) id insinuation (superb) ( 80 mana) intellect (superb) ( 41 mana)

You close your eyes and concentrate. An wave of amnesia washes over your mind.

group confidence (average) ( 45 mana) id insinuation (average) ( 80 mana) intellect (average) ( 41 mana)

—Skills— psiblast (extraordinary) psidrain (extraordinary) psilocate (extraordinary)

You close your eyes and concentrate. An wave of amnesia washes over your mind.

psiblast (extraordinary) psidrain (extraordinary) psilocate (extraordinary)

It also gives a -8 to intellect, which might be the mechanism that it uses to reduce competency in spells.

The spell doesn't seem from tests to prevent spell or skill use because of forgetting. If I had just trained the skills to (average) there might be a chance of getting them to a level that isn't effective, however in all likelihood that isn't the case.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved