Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Barbarians
Red Posted 10 Aug 2009

Whirlwind - Right now, the skill whirlwind belongs to Monks. Doesn't it make more sense that whirlwind was a Barbarian's skill? Where have you ever saw a monk whirlwind his opponent? I see whirlwind as more of an enraged, hit-all-my-adjacent opponents attack, which I picture a Barbarian doing when he's being overrun by opponents.

Anyone play Diablo? Whirlwind was the barbarian's strongest attack, holding out both his weapons and spinning around, hitting everything that he comes close to. It would be cool if Barbarians at an attack where it hit all or some (maybe 3?) enemies that are attacking him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBv8HS0f0CY

Retreat - Why does the ultimate fighter class not have retreat? They specialize in weapons and the art of fighting. I understand some of you think of barbarians that fight to the death, but even a smart barbarian knows when to retreat. I just don't understand why Bards get retreat and Barbs don't. No correlation to my nerf-bards-riot, but bards aren't even a fighter class.

Idea - Wouldn't it be cool if Barbarians had shouts or warcries?

Battle shout - increases damroll temporarily Commanding shout - increases maxhit temporarily Demoralizing shout - decreases opponent's damroll temporarily

These are just some examples of some shouts that Barbarians could have.

Caden Posted 10 Aug 2009

Someone posting about Barb breaks my heart

More battle cries sounds awesome (no pun intented). What kind of cries would you like to see? Affs ect?

Retreat, I'd love all fighting classes get it, but it's barb.. Barb gets drag, which is one of the sickest skills ever, With drag, it's better than a retreat, drag your foe out of the room then beat the snot outta 'em, oh baby! Beat 'em cause they owe ya money!

or useless, I like 'em, go nuts and beat people! Overflow 'em

)

useless, I like 'em, go nuts and beat people! Overflow 'em

)

Shaba Posted 12 Aug 2009

red you just want barbs to have retreat so arna can retreat when stiging zones, shoulda stayed super awesome ranger :P

Red Posted 13 Aug 2009

Oh please :P

I'm almost done leveling Arna anyways. I'd just like to have retreat so I can actually run zones, I hate fleeing around blindly.

Backspace Posted 30 Aug 2009

What about some sort of thunder stomp. A barb take on earthquake?

Or perhaps a barb with a int and wis of 25 may be able to read an id scroll? =P

At this point, I would just love to have a remort skill worth looking forward to after gen 2.

Deneb Posted 2 Sep 2009

http://realm.tempusmud.com/forum/4/275/1159321154

It'd be nice to have the barb's weapon dice applied to tornado kick.

A simple idea for "shouts" - Intimidating Shout - Gen 1 - Level 35 - Same as intimidate except it works on anything attacking you and causes opponents to flee.

Drag better than retreat? That's moot. But by the way you described it, I'm sold!

Another idea - Read scrolls - Gen 10 - Level 49

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved