Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Spell damage or something like that
Raznarl Posted 12 Jan 2010

One thing that I've wanted to talk about is that a melee class can jack its damage by stacking its damroll but no casting class has that kind of ability, (not to sound like WoW but it will) some kind of spell damage modifier other then just stats and gen would be nice. Correct me if i'm wrong here, if you take a gen 0 lvl 49 thief and jack his gear and get his damroll to 128 his backstab would hit the 1.9k or whatever it is cap, and the same goes for any other melee class, they would be hitting with straight annihilates and their skills would be doing large amounts of damage. Take any casting class though, and yes, their melee attacks will do alot of damage but their spells, which are not affected by damroll would be doing jack…. My two cents

Kabal Posted 12 Jan 2010

maybe hitroll should affect the caster's spells, like when a merc uses a gun the hitroll turns into damroll….just spit-balling

Red Posted 14 Jan 2010

The cap for gen 0 is not even near 1900. And also the cap for damroll is 125.

But yeah, it would be cool if damroll or hitroll affected spells. Maybe just a slight modifier? 1% more spell damage for every 4 damroll you have? Meaning if a mage or a cleric has 40 damroll, their spells would do 10% more damage. It's not that much, and most spell casters stack AC anyways. I think it's fair. Raz is right. Melee classes benefit a lot more with higher damroll.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved