Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Cross Class Skills
Sathrynn Posted 7 Mar 2010

Has anyone ever thought of making skills that are specific to two classes instead of one? For example there would be special skills/spells for a character that is a combination of two classes together. This would make trying new remort classes with characters more interesting. What is everyone's opinion, I'm half asleep but I'll post or explain more later.

Sekka Posted 7 Mar 2010

I think that would be cool. From what little you said. :D

Brywing Posted 7 Mar 2010

Synergistic skills/spells.

I think the only reason we don't have this type of thing is lack of coding manpower. I believe we just have Azi, and while he's great at what he does, he is only one.

We should however put out ideas so once we do have the peoplepower we can fit ideas in.

My suggestions based on Psionic with secondary will come later when I'm not about to go: Cleric: Knight: Mage: Ranger: Thief: Barbarian: Monk: Barb: Merc: Physic: Borg:

An interesting question is are these going to be any generation or at certain generations and above. Probably simpler to just have them be any generation and leave generation requirements to prime skills/spells.

Deneb Posted 7 Mar 2010

"Coding manpower" surely isn't the ONLY reason why we don't have this sort of thing.

Azimuth Posted 15 Mar 2010

Actually, it pretty much is. That and the other stuff I spend time on. I like coding, but it's much more time intensive than you'd think. The minor stuff in the reboot, for instance, took about eight hours. I had a nice, lazy weekend that week. :)

Kakarot Posted 16 Mar 2010

I think something needs to be addressed more for gen 10 and up there are alot of good ideas on other posts that could be looked at. Im not saying its not a good idea i like it but there are people who have finished all classes and others who want more

Deneb Posted 16 Mar 2010

I think it'd be better to focus whatever ideas of skills we might have toward each class by itself, not the combinations of classes.

Besides, how're you going to come up with something for psi/barb? Likewise, an idea for mage/phys is more likely to surface than an idea for mage/borg and if it were to be coded it'd just make everyone favor mage/phys even more than it needs to be. Choosing an alternate class would become more and more constant.

As to more stuff for gen 10s to do…definitely yes. But that belongs in a different thread.

Cast Posted 4 Jul 2010

Sounds tempting. Maybe this can be used to promote people to try different combinations(such as mage/borg if there's a skill that lets mages use metals without having their spells affected). It's probably gonna be a super huge project that lasts at least half a year though.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved