Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Psionic Trigger Immunity
Brywing Posted 20 Dec 2010

Psionics are unable to affect robots, plants, puddings, slime and undead with their triggers, or remort triggers. Summoned elementals also don't take any damage from psiblast though it appears to hit.

I was wondering, what does everyone think of a remort skill or trigger at gen 10 that allows psionics to affect these types? No boosts, just affecting them as if they weren't undead, etc.

Currently psi is the only class with complete inability to affect certain types of mobs with all of its mort and remort spells that I can think of.

There's not being effective against certain types of mobs and then there's getting this message:

You cannot make a mindlink with ——– mob! You suck!

Okay I made up the "You suck" part but you get the idea.

Thoughts?

Deneb Posted 20 Dec 2010

I agree, immunity to triggers is no good. In fact, I think immunities are a bad idea in general. Of course, it makes sense that you cannot tweak with the mind of something that doesn't have a mind. This may end up being another stupid argument about psychic crush.

I don't think a gen 10 remort spell is needed. Just remove immunities and replace them with resistances.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved