Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Thoughts on new borg skills at low levels..
Panzer Posted 10 Dec 2003

Hi all.

I have a couple thoughts to help us low-level Cyborgs out. I must say that only having punch, kick and reboot at 5th level is pretty..um..sad. None of the offensive stuff seems to increase with level..and if you're wielding something and holding anythig…you can't use punch (cutting your offensive skills by 12)

What do you think of a mana-based skill called "Shock" or "Discharge"..?

This would be similar to a "Shocking Grasp" spell from DnD. The cyborg uses his internal energy supplies to generage a shock/discharge that can be used offensively.

I have 2 thoughts how to handle it:

1) the cyborg elects how much mana to pour into the Shock/Discharge. The more mana, the more damage potential. or, 2) the damage is based on level and increases as level increases

This is just the first thought…I'm sure I'll have more later.. :)

Thanks for reading!

Panzer mk. I

Cest Posted 10 Dec 2003

Actually borgs get discharge. It uses their move points to do damage, and you decide how much move you want to use. However, using too much move points kinda blows you up or something. You can discharge more move when you become higher lvl i think.

Skills get better by how much times you use it. So go spam punch a million times and you'll be punching really good.

Borgs are pretty nifty when you are like middle lvled. They get all these programs that make them really buff, but a lightning bolt will still kick your butt no matter how strong you are =P

Panzer Posted 10 Dec 2003

Ahh..did not know that :)

I'll have to check those skills out again :)

Cest Posted 11 Dec 2003

Type "skill list (name of class here)" to see a listing of all their skills. For example, typing "skill list borg" will give you a list of all the borg skills.

spell list (whatever) will give you a list of spells.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved