Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

RE: Buying Skills/Spells
Istari Posted 5 Jan 2004

Personally I do not hate having to buy my skills/spells, I see the need for it and it's cool by me. I might suggest changing it somewhat so that a mort will pay 1/10th the fee for the same skill/spell that a gen 10 would. I.E. 10% increase each gen in cost for skill/spell because the higher your gen the more access you have to cash/gold.

Thanks, Istari

Jakezor Posted 7 Jan 2004

and the higher you gen up, the more you have to pay for remort. Not to mention the expensive remort skills.

Heartsbane Posted 7 Jan 2004

Well, i dont think a gen 6 should have to pay 6x what a mort does, because well, im a remort, and im still poor… my balance never goes over 15 mil except the few days before i remort…

Revelation Posted 11 Jan 2004

you have an advantage over a mort though, and you are able to take stuff harder than a mort, and harder mobs usually have more gold

Jakezor Posted 11 Jan 2004

i wonder where that gold goes to. Oh yea, saving for the next remort.

Nevermore Posted 15 Jan 2004

You guys need to pay more attention…

What Istari was suggesting was that the price of the mortal skills and spells be lowered and it gradually increases per gen to where a gen 10 would be paying about what the skill/spells cost now to everyone.

I think thats a good idea. The higher gen you are, the more access to greater quantities of gold you get. Yes, you do have to pay more to remort… and you should. I think it should cost a LOT more to remort. The benefits you get from remorting are worth WAY more than the price you pay for them, and if that isn't so, then why do you remort?

But I digress… those little guys have trouble getting the cash to just get their skills/spells. Maybe we should all just get together and rob Lysol. :)

Istari Posted 17 Jan 2004

You hit it on the head Nevermore..that is exactly what i meant yes. The average gen 5 player would then actually pay half of what they pay atm for example.

Jakezor Posted 17 Jan 2004

The prices already decrease as you gen up anyway. Because the more intelligence points you have, the less amount of times you need to train a skill, which means spending less money.

Fruitcake Posted 17 Jan 2004

thats exactly the point, true newbies have to train more, making it more expensive, so lowering the prices isn't a bad idea at all

Jakezor Posted 17 Jan 2004

Poor newbies need to work for their skills :((( Why don't they just start at level 49 with negative exp and 15mill so they can remort already?

Istari Posted 18 Jan 2004

I in no way feel sorry for new players on this mud myself included Jakezor. I choose to believe that most new players don't mind working for whatever they get, or at least the majority of us anyway. I am just pointing out that newer players don't happen to come into the game with the knowledge that the other players enjoy so they don't know about the free gold in the tall tree in Amoria, they dont know about the woodsman's shack, they dont know about XYZ etc etc so to expect them to pay for spells/skills the same as a gen 10er is not right IMO. I will not say anything else on this subject, as getting this subject drug down into a war of words will do nothing to further its cause. Right is Right. Period.

Jakezor Posted 18 Jan 2004

You're looking at it the wrong way. It's gen10'ers who are paying the same as mortals.

Nevermore Posted 20 Jan 2004

Jake… you started your account out when we were still in practice points. So the full affect of being a newbie and having to pay grand amounts for your skills and spells never hit you. By the time it was switched to gold, you were already well established, had a reasonably powerful character, and a little nest egg in the bank. So, you cant wave your banner of 'I made it through unscathed and so can everyone else.' because it doesnt apply to you.

Will you, for once, look at things as other people may see them instead of being…. this way?

Jakezor Posted 22 Jan 2004

I think the question is, how much does the MUD want to shelter new players. If you keep making it easier just so they can advance faster, they will be in for a rude awakening.

Not to mention, i'm sure a lot of first time mortals on the brink of remorting tend to borrow money for their first remort. So that means they're in debt right when they start again at level 1. Even though they just remorted, gen 1 is little better than mortal. There really isn't a place a gen 1 can go for the big exp and easy gold. So leveling will be tough, they'll be possibly several million in debt, they won't be able to gather gold very quickly, and on top of that their skills will cost more.

Merriam Posted 18 Jul 2005

Where's that free gold in the tree..? I had no idea. It's all I can do at this level. Somebody MUDmail me.

Merriam

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved