Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

EQ Sets
Tower Posted 1 Aug 2006
I used to play Diablo 2 a bunch.  More single player than multiplayer so I didn't get much into one feature but thought it was really cool.  They have EQ sets that you can collect to get added stats.  For example, you could get A Sword of Wounding, a Ring of Maiming, and a Bracelet of Pain.  Individually, they'd give their normal stats, but when a player wears all 3 together they get bonus stats like 2 extra damroll, 10 extra ac, and prot_demon.  They had sets that were as small as 2 or 3 items and then some that had upwards of 5 or 6 items and there are a lot less positions on there.

This could help with problems of everyone wearing the same EQ if people found a set item and collected the rest of the set.  That way someone could come across a set item and then find the rest.  Not sure if EQ can be set to randomly load on different mobs but that would be cool to add to this as well because then the set items could load anywhere.
Kitano Posted 1 Aug 2006

I like that idea too. I'm not sure how it would work with Identify, but maybe it doesn't even need to be. Ooh, even variable eq sets, like elemental plate mail will give different protections depending whether you are using the blade of lightning, ice mace, or the fire whip. Old eq sets could be reverse engineered too. I think the more hunted eq you have, the bigger boost you should get. The knight with a gruesome blade, a shield of armageddon, and breastplate of armageddon should get SOME bonus. Maybe the three of those would even make the weapon cast flame strike with regularity. Or boss mobs wearing multiple eq pieces like Duke Araken could give some bonus too. Sounds fun.

Tower Posted 2 Aug 2006

The ID could also have a line added to it that would say something like "This is item 1 of 3 of the set: 'Githyanki's Gear'". Since there aren't any of these sets currently, it would be easy to keep track of the sets that are currently available and put them on a list/board or have a shopkeeper keep a list of each one and when you select the set it will describe the items and/or extra stats for each set.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved