Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Player wipe
Rahvin Posted 30 Dec 2006

Is the wipe still going to happen? Any news on when it might be?

Deneb Posted 31 Dec 2006

Yeah. I wipe everyday. It keeps me clean.

Kyosuke Posted 31 Dec 2006

I was promised a Princess class with the new mud. Hope that happens.

Kyosuke Posted 3 Jan 2007

Ooh, on another note, are players going to be getting any detailed information regarding how the MUD's going to be changing, or are we going to have to figure out the nuances for ourselves?

For instance, if palmstrike is still around, will it function exactly like the old palmstrike?

Rahvin Posted 5 Jan 2007

I highly highly doubt that the coders are going to compile a list of every change that comes with the wizlock… As far as I know they never have in the past. They'll tell you major changes, like PK, and policy changes, the rest we will probably figure out for ourselves.

Wish Posted 9 Jan 2007

The player wipe has been cancelled.

New changes will be put in a few at a time, instead of in one large clump. Be sure to read the news for updates.

Relax and enjoy your characters!

wish

Kyosuke Posted 14 Jan 2007

Quick question. I think Nothing mentioned a long while back that if one, massive wipe didn't happen, then maybe lots of small changes would have to be introduced over time, and multiple wipes might be required in the long run. Is that where we are now? Just wondering.

Wish Posted 14 Jan 2007

re: Kyosuke

As the situation currently stands, there is no plan for a player wipe. As you have read on the Tempus news over the last few weeks, code changes are happening, just not in one large lump (Thank Azimuth when you see him!). Building progresses as well.

As for multiple playerwipes, that is simply not on the agenda. Player wipes are required when fundamental changes are necessary for code additions and enhancements to take place, such as turning the Mage class into a Disco Bandit class. Currently there are no such plans for Disco Bandits.

Thanks to your feedback and good people, Tempus will continue to improve. Please continue to post your ideas and thoughts on these boards, tell others about Tempus, and enjoy your characters.

• wish * foreman *
Kyosuke Posted 14 Jan 2007

Thanks for the info!

Brywing Posted 21 Jan 2007
hmmm I almost feel that it's too bad a wipe isn't happening. I was looking forward to everyone starting anew sometime.

:D

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved