Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Crusade
Riffe Posted 11 Jun 2008

I've been toying with this idea, and I think it's finally time it can be flamed on Realms. I've spent quite a bit of time on this, so don't automatically scroll down and burn me. Give it a read.

Crusades– Gen 9+ content

Imagine end-game content that goes beyond simply "running" a zone. With grueling battles, exploration and objectives to fulfill, completing a Crusade requires a strong party and a playtime investment.

In order to form a Crusade, you would need to group with at least two to three others. Once your Crusade is formed, you can register to be let into a particular Crusade zone.

Within this zone, you cannot recall at your leisure. The zones are extensive and deep, testing not only your mettle, but the wit and skill of your teammates as well.

Those who even want to take on a Crusade need to make sure they are prepared for the event (items, and what not.)

However, there will be benchmarks and hubs within the zone where players can rent, loadroom set/retrieve and depending on the context of the zone, a place where items can be purchased (i.e. maybe a traveling merchant has posted a camp in the middle of a zone and will let you rent and buy his wares.) At these hubs will be the option of leaving the crusade as well, if your party chooses to give up.

Completion of a Crusade requires: 1. Fulfilling the Crusade objectives. 2. Bringing all party members of the Crusade to its end.

Parties that complete a Crusade will have their time recorded, adding a competitive element.

Of course, these Crusades won't be merely linear zones. There will be fun tangents and sidequests like any other Tempus zone.

Issues to encounter: Game crashes, pvp, content balance (items and gear,) reward (cash, gold, etc.)

I don't even know if this is possible, but I wanted to entertain the thought. Whatcha think?

R*3

Deneb Posted 12 Jun 2008

Hell yeah this would entertain. But, you know as well as anyone else that this would take a long time to implement into the game. Although, it can easily(?) be tested in a quest within an existing zone. You know, like there's an objective and imms control the mobs instead of programs controlling mobs.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved