Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Hitroll and regular attack accuracy
Deneb Posted 18 Feb 2010

I don't know if it's just me or not, but I feel that hitroll doesn't have a big impact our ability to connect regular attacks. Anyone else feel the same?

It seems to me that dexterity is the biggest factor in all that AC/ThAC0 mumbo-jumbo. Considering that everyone can get the same amount of dexterity in the end, hitroll tends to become a throwaway stat. (Finger razors are always a good option for those who want damroll regardless of the hitroll penalties.)

It'd be nice if dodging was increased and hitroll had a bigger impact on accuracy. It's rare to find someone who considers hitroll an important stat unless he uses energy weapons.

I know my mage has no trouble connecting regular attacks whatsoever. And, my mage rolls with 10 hitroll.

Red Posted 22 Feb 2010

My mage casts a lot faster than any of my other characters. Either mages just cast faster in general, or perhaps hitroll/damroll affects cast speed/wait state? I only roll with +5 speed, and it's no comparison with my other casters' cast speed/wait state. I'm not sure.

Deneb Posted 22 Feb 2010

Interesting, but what has that got to do with accuracy?

Red Posted 24 Feb 2010

It has nothing to do with accuracy. I'm just stating what difference I see with stacking hitroll/damroll on a caster.

I've noticed my Mage hits the same regardless of how much hitroll he has.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved