Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Potions & New Players
Diamond Posted 3 Nov 2011

I discovered the Apothecary, and it is one of the most helpful shops in the entire game!

The ability to quaff vials of health during battle is extremely valuable for a new player. Especially one that will probably not stumble upon an item with regeneration.

The light-green potion is equally very useful, although the snakeskin boots solve the problem of moves running out very well.

One thing that is missing is a mana regeneration potion at the apothecary. With the help of seasoned players, I have learned that these potions could be loaded easily by a seasoned player.

From a new player perspective, having the ability to regain mana, health, and move is extremely valuable and makes the leveling much more manageable. In fact, with the health vial, it was very easy for me to level a warrior class with newbie equipment and items I found off mobs. With a mana regeneration potion, it would equally be easy to level a spell casting class with the newbie equipment.

Have the mana regeneration potion available for purchase makes things much more easier for mortal spell casters to level up. Especially with the very low likelihood (from my perspective) of a new player obtaining a mana tap item on their own.

It would be extremely helpful if the doctor in the newbie zone gives the starting player one of each potion and tells them that they could be purchased in the past. Then leave it to the player to find the location via exploration, asking, or using the maps.

These potions would be valuable to new players, as seasoned players would be able to get regeneration, mana tap, and other more valuable items.

Deneb Posted 5 Nov 2011

I agree.

Diamond Posted 8 Nov 2011

Thank you Deneb!

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved