Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

Lets help the newbies out!
Drystan Posted 9 Nov 2012

Hey why not make Cloaks of Modrian perm? or make it so they can buy potions of recall from Modrian? Nothing says hey don't explore when you can't find your way back. Gotta admit its hard to remember which way you were going or coming from when everything is new.

Merriam Posted 10 Nov 2012

I just thought of a compass idea, where you could set the compass to a location, and then use it to find your way back home. Perhaps it could be set to any registrar's loadroom (e.g. Modrian, Skullport, Istan, Elven Village, Electro Centralis). But maybe we'll just make the cloaks work.

I actually just started a similar post on the immortal forums, so it's great that there's one here. Please keep similar newbie-helping ideas coming!

Diamond Posted 17 Nov 2012

I used the potions from the place 1 west 1 north of HS. only 10 coins for a recall potion.

Tower Posted 19 Nov 2012

Sign my petition to bring back sandy robes! :)

1. Tower 2. 3. 4. 5.
Merriam Posted 20 Nov 2012

I'm more interested in class, race, world-specific ideas vs. a sandy robe. It becomes just another item to hand out to newbies.

Drystan Posted 16 Jan 2013

I dunno if its not something to hand to the newbies whats the point :p i would hope after they are no longer newbies they can handle getting back home on their own just a thought

Slip Posted 16 Jan 2013

There was once a newbie clan called academy. New players were enrolled when they first logged into the game and there was a donation room inside the clan house. Also some players had a character in the clan to help them out with questions or whatever they needed. I thought that it was a good idea because they didn't have to go through the rigors of starting alone and there was some half decent eq in the donation room. Maybe bringing this clan back would be a good idea?

Red Posted 17 Jan 2013

There'd be no one in this clan except newbies.

Slip Posted 17 Jan 2013

Before there were some peoples multis in the clan. Like i think Deneb had his knight in there and some other people had a character in it as well. I'm not saying put all of your characters into it. But I'm sure a few people wouldn't mind having one of their multis in it

Monkeymotz Posted 6 Feb 2013

I remember the Academy clan. I actually had my monk enrolled in it, but then left for some reason…but yeah. I think it'd be a good idea to have it back. I wouldn't mind having a multi in there to take care of it

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved