Tempus Realms

Top | News | Realm | Classes | Clans | Mud Stories | Real Life | World | Newbies

MUD Clients
Nemesis Posted 15 Feb 2014

While I wait for the mud to come back online, I thought I'd post about something I've been wondering. Does anyone use any interesting mud clients? Do you do anything really great with them?

I see the recommendations on the web site: GMUD, MUSHclient, ZMUD $, CMUD $, TinTin++. Why these? Is it just the color console, triggering and basic scripting capability? Or is there some existing advanced scripting capability (mapping & such) that works well with Tempus?

I'm asking because I'm thinking about playing with more advanced stuff on my client, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel, either.

Diamond Posted 16 Feb 2014

Zmud. You can set triggers to open new windows to have tells and other critical information show up. That way you can separate and organize the information. There was an old post on Realms by a player that showed you how to do it.

Nemesis Posted 16 Feb 2014

Thanks - I'll see if I can find the guy's Realms post(s).

I'm on a Mac, so I'd have to run zmud in my Windows VM, but maybe it's worth it. Or maybe I can translate his stuff to one that's more cross-platform like Mudlet.

Diamond Posted 16 Feb 2014

You can use Mudwalker for Mac. I used that one. It should also have the same capability to filter text to separate windows. It is also free.

Realm-z is Copyright © 2003-2024. All rights reserved.
Tempus player name: Account Password:

Graphics by GIMP! Powered by Linux! Vote at topmudsites.com
All text and images Copyright © 1995-2024 by TempusMUD / All rights reserved